Sunday, August 18, 2013

Swatched: Erika Knight Maxi Wool

 
Pin It

Even though it's August and not wool-knittin weather, I swatched some up last night. I bought this yarn on a trip with my hubby to Blue Bell, PA for a wedding this last February (brrrr!!).


We spent a day in Phillie after the wedding, and of course I had to look up a popular LYS and decided on Rosie's Yarn Cellar. There wasn't any parking outside so my husband was "forced" to sit in the car and listen to sports radio instead of coming inside the yarn shop. What do I bee-line for when I don't have a lot of time to browse around? Super bulky. Gimme. I saw the color Artisan of Erika Knight Maxi Wool and couldn't leave without it. Find it on Ravelry HERE.

Stats on the tag:
100% British Wool
100g per hank
shade: artisan
shade no: 20
lot no: 539

80m/87yds
8 sts & 12 rows = 10 cm / 4 in.
US 15-17
(I tend to knit bigger than most gauges so I used US 13s)
My gauge: 9 sts & 14 rows = 4 in.

I love this yarn. It knits up so nicely in stockinette. It feels like a sturdy and hearty wool, but isn't scratchy at all. I only bought two hanks, but if I had bought more I wouldn't hesitate to make this into a sweater.

I'm now deciding on what I will make with this yummy yarn. Possibly Starflower?




1 comment:

  1. Love the new header! And love that wool....Starflower would look great on you. Or design one!

    ReplyDelete